Thursday, September 3, 2015

Perfection

After one of Jeffrey's middle-of-the-night feedings, I tucked him in beside Tyler and slipped out of bed to use the bathroom. When I returned, Jeffrey was wrapped in Tyler's arms, and J squeaked in protest as my weight shifted the mattress. He clutched his little rabbit he sleeps with tightly to himself, and burrowed deeper into his daddy's strong arms. As I settled in beside them, my heart was tight in my throat with gratitude for this sweet life I've been given. 

It wasn't all that long ago that we thought we wouldn't be able to have a baby. We were prepared for years and years to pass before we could afford adoption. And now, our little baby is kicking us (hard) and nestling in between us every single night. We often look at each other and say "did you think it would be this good? Did you think it would be this special?" 

I imagined it would be good. I imagined it would be special. But I had no comprehension for how amazing our life with Jeffrey would be. We are so blessed.